Server Backend Developer
Vleepo is a technology startup that is changing the way people connect to do things they love. We are creating unique user experiences and sophisticated server technologies that will improve the lives of people all over the world.
This is your opportunity to join our talented team of engineers. We are passionate about software design, coding, and thrive creating scalable and extensible architectures that touch the lives of millions of people.
A great backend developer at Vleepo should be
- interested in solving challenging problems with elegant software
- well-versed in software engineering principles and systems design
- a top-notch developer who enjoys building efficient software products in a fast paced environment
- someone who enjoys working on a team of inspired, interesting and super-smart engineers
- excited to contribute to a rapidly growing and successful startup company
- someone with an eye for detail and a passion for making the best product possible
- You’re kind of a data nerd and enjoy tracking and measuring performance to improve the system
- You know how to have fun while you work
What you’ll do at Vleepo
- Work on the service backend, database systems, and API services. You’ll design, code, test and run the systems
- Design and develop a RESTful web service that supports millions of users with high throughput
- Solve complex and challenging scaling problems with cutting edge technologies
- Innovate. We constantly improve our core technologies and turn a prescient eye to the industry
- Explore new technologies and have fun finding the best tools
- Excellent coding and communication skills. You make software that works and can be tested and maintained.
- BA/BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or similar field
- 2-4 years server development experience
- Database proficiency (PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Neo4j)
- Node.js, Python, API design, highly scalable distributed architectures (clustering, sharding, etc.), algorithm design, cloud services (AWS, Azure, etc.), HTML, Linux, open source development
- Strong knowledge of performance tuning and internet security
- Knowledge of data science fundamentals (clustering, regression, machine learning) and analytics
- Fluency in English.
- The chance to be part of a fun and friendly highly skilled team
- The ability to meaningfully contribute to exciting projects reaching millions of people worldwide
- A competitive salary based on experience
- Relocation package to make your move as smooth as possible
- Opportunities for advancement and learning